It was especially upsetting for my mother as her intelligence was unaffected - she just couldn't retrieve new memories (anything over about 10 years old was fine and she could describe a 50-year-old outing in tedious detail) - this made people think she was senile.

I'm never going to take tranquilizers. Will just chew the furniture....