I just learned of the dramatic and promising results of your cancer drug for Parkinson’s patients.

I also learned it costs $10,000 a month.

The drug’s developer,   Dr. Brian Druker,  received a taxpayer funded NIH grant to develop it.

Why does Novartis  charge  $120,000 a year for this drug?

Would’t  Novartis make a  big profit  if  millions of people could actually afford it?  Parkinson’s is  not a rare disease.

There  is also a big market in Alzheimer’s and I understand there are going to be trials with 2 cancer drugs with other neurodegeneral diseases besides PD.

A response would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF