Pagan is in discussions with Novartis, the drug manufacturer, hoping that the trial participants can be offered continued treatment at a  reduced cost on  a  compassionate basis, thru a procedure the company already uses to help people with cancer afford their medication.

nilotinib is generic for Tasigma.  $10,000 a year would be a stretch  let alone a  month.  I’ll contact Novartis.  Ming-Jai Liu is my neuro

From: Fumi Arellano
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2015 5:25 PM
To: R Brown
Subject: Costly Meds & Results

Rayilyn,

You and my father have been waiting for medical science to catch up.  Looking at the weblink, NILOTINIB sounds like exactly what you need.

I took my father to see a pain management expert at the Kerlan Job clinic in Westchester this past Monday for the chronic pain due to a work related injury he suffered on 10/11/1989.  I just filled his prescription for GRALISE, which costs $600 for a one month supply.  This morning he reported he slept well for the first time in years.  It reduced the sharp pain to a dull pain allowing him to sleep.  I have been calling since early July to get him the appointment at Kerlan Job and kept on the phone for each day this past week to get the meds approved by his 1989 waterfront employer.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in your effort to gain access to someone to prescribe NILOTINIB for you.

Manuel