From: Brian Druker
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:43 PM
To: Rayilyn Brown
Subject: RE: cost of nilotinib

Dear Rayilyn,

Yes, I did see the dramatic and promising results of nilotinib for Parkinson’s. If the drug is approved for Parkinson’s disease after additional clinical trials are conducted, then insurance should cover the bulk of the cost of the drug and during the clinical trials, the drug company would pay for the cost of the drug.

I am not sure who best to contact at Novartis, but might start with August Salvado ([log in to unmask]). He is the VP for Early Development.

I did not receive NIH funds to develop these drugs, but was funded by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Best,

Brian Druker, MD