Mr. Salvado:

I just learned about the dramatic and promising results of nilotinib or tasigna for Parkinson’s patients.

I also learned it costs $10,000 a month or S120,000 a year in the US while in Germany $17,000 a year without insurance and is completely reimbursed  in France.

Couldn’t Novartis still make a handsome  profit if millions of Parkinson’s patients could actually afford to buy it if it works?

I understand that there are going to be trials with other neurodegenerative diseases such as  Alzheimers,  ALS, and Huntington’s.  If this drug proves to be safe an effective for them, are people going to suffer anyway?

Novartis could fulfill their mission statement of  “caring for and curing” patients by making   this drug affordable.

Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF