EARLY THEATRE 18.2 (2015)

This issue will be mailed out to subscribers and made available to subscribers online in December.  It is our last paper issue; starting with 19.1 (2016) ET/REED will become a digital journal only.  The Note and the Issues in Review section are of particular interest to scholars working on women in theatre.

Announcement of essay prize-winners

Articles

An Acoustical Approach to the Study of the Wagons of the York Mystery Plays:

Structure and Orientation

            Mariana Lopez

‘Here may we se a merveyl one’: Miracles and the Psalter in the N-Town ‘Marriage

of Mary and Joseph’

            Frank Napolitano

From Court to Playhouse and Back: Middleton's Appropriation of the Masque

            Caroline Baird

‘I will keep and character that name’: Dramatis Personae Lists in Early Modern

Manuscript Plays

            Matteo Pangallo

Note

‘We have this day, expell’d our Men the Stage’: Dating the Prologue and Epilogue

of The Parson’s Wedding

          Riki Miyoshi

Issues in Review

Early Modern Women Theatre Makers

            Contributing Editor: Elizabeth Schafer

Introduction: Attending to Early Modern Women as Theatre Makers

            Elizabeth Schafer

Reproducing Iphigenia at Aulis

            Alison Findlay

Performing The Tragedy of Mariam and Constructing Stage History

            Ramona Wray

Daniel’s Cleopatra and Lady Anne Clifford: From a Jacobean Portrait to

Modern Performance

            Yasmin Arshad, Helen Hackett, and Emma Whipday

A Performance Studies Approach to  The Tragedy of Mariam

            Rebecca McCutcheon

Best wishes,
Helen

Dr H M Ostovich  <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.humanities.mcmaster.ca/~english/Faculty/Ostovich.html
Founding Editor, Early Theatre <http://earlytheatre.org/>
Professor Emeritus, English and Cultural Studies
McMaster University
Hamilton ON L8S 4L9
Canada