From: Manuel Arellano
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2015 8:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: rayilynlee
Subject: Access to Nilotinib

To:  August Salvado, VP Early Development
From:  Manuel Arellano, Concerned Citizen Employed by the Los Angeles Unified School District
Re: Access to Nilotinib During Clinical Trials
Date:  10/31/2015

It has been brought to my attention that a medical research team led by Dr. Brian Druker has developed a drug known as Nilotinib with the financial assistance of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  That drug is manufactured by your company, Novartis and has been known to dramatically reduce the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.  From my review of the literature the annual cost of the medication is $120,000.  That cost is well beyond the reach of the 100,000 employees and families of the Los Angeles Unified School District, of which I am one.  How may citizens of the United States of America and beyond suffering from the ill effects of Parkinson’s disease access Nilotinib in significant numbers to alleviate their suffering during the clinical trials stage?

Thank you very much for your time and attention to this inquiry.

Manuel Arellano, [log in to unmask]
1319 North Marine Avenue
Wilmington, CA  90744-2519