Wow. Great information, Ray. Thanks!

So Georgetown and Dr. Moussa will hold the patent (assuming it is granted).

What will this mean for the future of research on nilotinib (and other
tyrosine kinase inhibitors) as applied to neurological disorders?  What
about  researchers who are studying these drugs now? How will their work be
affected?

Where does Novartis fit into the picture?

Who will set the pricing?

So many questions....

My husband says he'd rather the patent be held by a university than by a
pharma company. That sounds right to me.

Kathleen

PS: Ray, please don't let them take your brain just yet. It's too valuable.
:-)