Hi Everyone,

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our next seminar:

Wednesday, January 13, 2016
3 - 4 PM
200 College Street - WB407

PM2.5 Oxidative Potential, Lung Cancer Mortality, and Acute Cardiorespiratory Outcomes in Ontario, Canada

Scott Weichenthal
M.Sc(A), PhD

Health Canada
Air Health Effects Science Division

Fine particulate air pollution (PM2.5) is known to contribute to adverse cardiovascular and respiratory health outcomes. However, current mass-based regulations treat all PM2.5 as equally toxic despite potential regional differences in particle composition or biological activity that may impact overall toxicity. This lecture will provide an overview of recent studies examining regional differences in the ability of PM2.5 to cause oxidative stress and how these differences may modify the association between PM2.5 and lung cancer, myocardial infarction, and respiratory illnesses.

If you are unable to join us for the seminar in person, we will be broadcasting the presentations live during the seminar using GoToMeeting software. Please feel free to join us online using a web-browser or by calling in and using the webviewing software. If you do decide to join us, please remember to mute your microphone.  If you have any questions during the meeting you are welcome to contact me by email, or by using the GoToMeeting chat.

1.  Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/260646325

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (647) 497-9350
Access Code: 260-646-325

Meeting ID: 260-646-325