Who really knows? She had what we called "toe curl" for which we went to Podiatrists for about three years to no avail until somebody sent her to a neurologist to check for Parkinson's. First one said, "you don't have PD, quit wasting my time!". 2nd one prescribed Requip, 12 a day, in Jan 2004, then switched to Sinemet after a couple of months, and THEN decided she had PD!

So short answer, probably 15 years.

Interestingly, the earliest diagnosis was probably when the Medical Group she worked for (as a Clinical Lab Scientist, doing lab work for cancer patients) couldn't read her handwriting!

And speaking of Botox, she just had a Botox treatment for her hand, which was curled inward, and it has relieved that symptom somewhat. We're trying to get back in for the same treatment for her feet.