I wish they didn't publish speculative research like this, it is quite
clear that the effect in the study lasted less than a dsy and only in a few
patients. I believe the placebo effect in PD patients has been overstated,
and the statement regarding reducing the need for medication is both
misleading and harms the cause of patients, by the I mean diminishes the
credibilty of the patient as well as not presenting an accurate picture of
the real complexity of the condition. This is especiallt pertinent for
working age PWP who may still have to navigate the issues of employment
etc, i.e. young onset and stage 1, but still are subject to progression and
maybe changes that affect their capacity. If there was something more than
this something substantial I would think differently, but it goes on to
discuss people who had both received brain surgery AND treatment with
apomorphine, something we know is rare and in fact fairly unusual except in
later stage PD. Apologies for this long response, I wished to raise the
questions in a reasoned way.