My  wife has been using the LSVT Voice Therapy for about 4 years and it has strengthened her voice a lot and she seems to be holding her own. We purchased the Home software so we could do they exercises at home.
Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathleen Cochran
Sent: March-20-16 10:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: birdsong 4 speech

I was examined by an ENT who showed me how my vocal cords are not as strong and functional as they used to be.  For me, this leads to raspiness and hoarseness, as well as lower volume.

This doctor was very insistent on the importance of carefully chewing and swallowing food. Many Parkinson's-related deaths are associated with food being aspirated.

I hope to do the LSVT voice training.

Kathleen