Hi Everyone,

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our special Summer Seminar:

Wednesday July 13, 2016

3 – 4 PM
200 College Street,
WB 407

Britain’s Path Towards Carbon Capture & Storage

Dr. Carolina Font Palma

Lecturer in Chemical Engineering

Faculty of Science and Engineering

University of Chester

Low carbon emission technologies, such as carbon capture and storage (CCS), are needed to limit the global temperature rise of 2°C. This talk will introduce the two main technologies proposed for commercial demonstration in the UK, that is, post-combustion and oxy-combustion. Post-combustion benefits of being an end-of-pipe technology, which does not require modifications to the boiler as oxy-combustion does. On the other hand, oxy-combustion produces a flue gas with high CO2 concentration that makes the CO2 capture process easier. Progress on the deployment of these technologies will be discussed, as well as the factors preventing their development.

If you are unable to join us for the seminar in person, we will be broadcasting the presentations live during the seminar using GoToMeeting software. Please feel free to join us online using a web-browser or by calling in and using the webviewing software. If you do decide to join us, please remember to mute your microphone.  If you have any questions during the meeting you are welcome to contact me by email, or by using the GoToMeeting chat.

1.  Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/841867685

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (647) 497-9379
Access Code: 841-867-685

Meeting ID: 841-867-685