what  is an M.I?   myocardial infarction?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dianne E. Cooperman
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PARKINSN Digest - 8 Jun 2016 to 10 Jun 2016 (#2016-103)

Nick,
My doctor at Georgetown university Hospital's movement Disorders Center
of Excellence is the P.I. for the trial of Tasigna/Nilotinib. I was
supposed to participate in the next phase, but he has advised me to wait
until they accumulate another year's worth of safety data first. Apparently
one of the Phase 1 study patients has had a M.I. It may not be related to
the drug, of course, but I am willing to wait a year on that basis. Sudden
death from M.I. Is the reason for the black box warning at the 800 mg/day
dosage. That's all I know.
Dianne
Patient
Dx in 2007