From: Ruellene and Roger Seymour
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: crucial breakthrough for PD or so they say

Interesting, but... (always a "but"). It seems to me that I've always been
told that the root of the disease is whatever is slowly killing off
dopaminergic cells in the brain's substance nigra (or something like that),
thereby constraining the overall supply of the neurotransmitter dopamine to
the synapses in various areas of the brain. The empirical evidence in
support of this is the fact that putting more dopamine into the brain (via
meds) mitigates symptoms associated this model. As valuable as this new
finding might be, I can't help but feel that they may only apply to a
subset of PWP's, i.e., a hereditary form of Parkinsonism. Nothing wrong
with that!!! The more we can chip away at this monster, the better! But
panacea?? Don't think so. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Roger