The Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric (CSSR / SCÉR) invites
scholars and students to submit proposals for presentations in English
or French.

Our next annual conference will be held at the Canadian Federation of
Social Sciences and Humanities’ *Congress 2017* (www.congress2017.ca
<http://www.congress2017.ca>) at *Ryerson University, Toronto, ON,
Canada, May 30 – June 1, 2017*.

  * Download the full CFP document from https://app.box.com/v/cssr-cfp-2017
  * Proposals are due by*January 15, 2017.*

Our special theme this year is “Rhetoric and
interdisciplinarity/disciplinarity.” However, proposals are not limited
to the special theme.

The society welcomes papers on all aspects of rhetoric:

  * rhetorical theory, criticism, and/or history
  * rhetoric in popular culture and everyday life
  * rhetoric and the media, film, gaming, and visual culture
  * rhetoric and the physical environment
  * rhetoric and the body, sports or performance
  * rhetoric in the fine arts and literature
  * rhetoric and identity, women’s/gender studies
  * rhetoric in various disciplines and professions
  * rhetorical discourse analysis and genre studies
  * rhetoric of political, legal or public discourse
  * biographical research on rhetors or rhetoricians
  * rhetorical aspects of sociolinguistics and semiotics

We foster dialogue among scholars from diverse disciplines and
professions who are interested in rhetoric. We welcome not only
mainstream rhetorical scholarship, but also “rhetoric in/and” a wide
variety of domains or disciplines and through interdisciplinary frameworks.

Please distribute this call among your networks.  I look forward to
receiving your proposal.

Sincerely,

Dr. Tania S. Smith, CSSR / SCÉR President,
Email: [log in to unmask]

--
Dr. Tania Smith, Associate Professor
Dept. of Communication & Culture, Faculty of Arts