Dear fellow (now nearly former) Inkshedders:

I'm sad too to think of this organization shutting down. It's been a great way to find and keep in touch with others in the field, in fact to work with them to invent the field. Inkshed in its various forms let us know we had colleagues within reach when needed.

But I'm also relieved that there are plans to keep the Inkshed archives available to honour this history. I fully agree that transferring the funds to Inkshed Publications is the right thing to do. Then the organization can retire gracefully rather than just collapsing.

Going forward, if CASDW agrees to open up a section on their website for the newsletter files, I'll gladly help transfer them. Russ Hunt did a fine job of collecting all the early issues and making them into PDF files, so transfer would be easy. Or if Inkshed Publications is the adopter of the archives, I can help in the same way.

Before that last bow, however, I'd like to collect the email responses to yesterday's news for a final issue of the Inkshed online newsletter. Then that newsletter issue will go into the archives too -- bearing Tania's distinctive logo of the Inkshed blot, and subject to Roger's ideas for further retrospection. So please keep your responses coming, and I'll ask for author permissions to collate them on the Inkshed website: no editing or revisions needed, just a collection of inksheds (!) responding to Brock's message.

In sympathy,
Margaret.