Please share and apply!

Lecturer in Rhetoric and Technical Communication

The Department of English Language and Literature in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Waterloo invites applications for a three-year definite-term appointment starting August 1, 2017 at the rank of Lecturer in Rhetoric and Technical Communication.

The successful candidate may be considered for reappointment at the completion of the contract.
Applicants must have a completed PhD and a substantial record of teaching by the time of appointment. The successful candidate will teach a writing- and speaking-intensive engineering communication course for first-year engineering students; thus, evidence of experience teaching technical communications courses at the post-secondary level will be considered an important asset. The successful candidate will also contribute to other areas of undergraduate teaching in communication and rhetoric.

This position is designated as 80% teaching and 20% service, with duties normally spread over three academic terms each year. The salary range for the rank of Lecturer is $60,000.00 to $80,000.00. Negotiations beyond this salary range will be considered for exceptionally qualified candidates.

The application deadline is June 5, 2017. Please submit applications to the Department Chair, Kate Lawson. Application materials must be submitted online as PDF files through https://artsofas.uwaterloo.ca/english/. Please include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and a teaching dossier, and arrange for three letters of reference to be uploaded (addressed to Professor Kate Lawson, Chair, Department of English Language and Literature, University of Waterloo).