Hi Everyone,

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our Seminar for July:
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
2 - 3 PM
200 College Street, WB 407

Investing in Canada's Clean Future: How we can use Financial Innovation to Drive the Low

Jonathan Frank
Director of Clean Energy Projects

CoPower
Abstract: Our built environment accounts for nearly 40% of carbon emissions in North America.  Distributed clean technologies, for example solar rooftops or geo-exchange heating and cooling systems, can play a powerful role in the transition to a low carbon economy. However, high upfront costs and lack of accessible financing has left a gap that prevents many profitable projects from being built.
CoPower is a clean energy finance and crowd investment company whose mission is to close the climate finance gap by allowing individuals to invest in clean energy projects that generate measurable carbon reductions and competitive returns.
In this seminar, CoPower's Director of Projects, Jonathan Frank, will discuss the barriers preventing mass deployment of clean energy infrastructure, his work to develop creative financing solutions that support the growth of Canada's clean energy industries, and the new opportunities for individuals to participate directly in the clean transition.

If you are unable to join us for the seminar in person, we will be broadcasting the presentations live during the seminar using GoToMeeting software. Please feel free to join us online using a web-browser or by calling in and using the web-viewing software. If you do decide to join us, please remember to mute your microphone.  If you have any questions during the meeting you are welcome to contact me by email, or by using the GoToMeeting chat.

SOCAAR Seminar - Jonathan Frank
Wed, Jul 5, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/740482269

You can also dial in using your phone.