From: European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing - discussions [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Muir
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 3:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NFEAP 2018 - Second Call for Papers

Dear colleagues,

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

We invite you to participate at  the 12th Norwegian Forum for English for Academic Purposes summer conference:

NFEAP 2018 – The Future of Genres

Second Call for Papers

We are pleased to announce the  12th annual NFEAP summer conference, which will take place on Thursday the 7th   and Friday the 8th  of June 2018 at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus), Oslo, Norway.

The theme for the 2018 conference is The Future of Genres

Or, to put it another way, “The Futures of Genre” …

Genre is a vital concept and resource in EAP, and NFEAP 2018 offers opportunities to think about the ongoing, ever-developing relationship between genres, teaching, research and thinking.  What are the key questions about genre, EAP and teaching at this moment in time, and what might they be in the future? How do concepts of genre affect and shape teaching and research in academic disciplines, and in EAP itself?

We welcome work that addresses genre(s) in relation to EAP theory and practice. This may include, for example, genre and voice or position; genre innovation (and innovative genres); genre analysis; the affordances of genres (and their limitations). Genre and its relationship to EAP may be understood broadly.

We invite proposals that explore genre in connection with  EAP concepts; EAP training methods, principles, practices and research; needs analysis, syllabus and materials design, teaching strategies and methodological issues; group/interdisciplinary teaching; critical EAP; e-learning and technology; academic identities; academic literacies; any other relevant topics.

Plenary speakers:

John M. Swales, University of Michigan, USA

Christine M. Tardy, University of Arizona, USA

Carmen Perez-Llantada, University of Zaragoza, Spain

Submission guidelines:

Please submit your abstract of no more than 300 words and a biography of no more than 50 words by February 18th, 2018 using the link below. The standard length for presentations is 30 minutes (20 minutes for presentation, plus 10 minutes for discussion). You will be notified of the outcome of the review process by March 17th, 2018.

Please use this link to submit your proposal.

The Ann Torday Gulden Scholarship

Ann Torday Gulden has been, for many years, a tireless and vital advocate for EAP in Norway, and this scholarship is named in her honour. This annual scholarship contributes up to 5000 NOK to the expenses of an EAP teacher or researcher to come to the conference and present their work. We seek to support work that is distinctive and original and that exemplifies innovative approaches to EAP theory and practice. It is open to all – please check the box provided in the proposal submission form if you would like to be considered for the scholarship.

Important dates:

Registration:

The 1700 NOK conference registration fee includes refreshments and lunch for both days of the conference and the conference dinner on Thursday evening.

Please note that the NFEAP is a not-for-profit network and we are not in a position to assist with conference travel or subsistence.

We would like to thank you in advance for your contribution to the 12th NFEAP summer conference and look forward to having the opportunity to discuss and disseminate your work.

On behalf of the NFEAP organizing committee,

Tom Muir and Kristin Solli

Dr Tom Muir

Associate Professor

English for Academic Purposes

Learning Center and Library

Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To leave the list, send a SIGNOFF CASLL-L command to [log in to unmask] or, if you experience difficulties, write to Russ Hunt at [log in to unmask]