-----Original Message-----
From: Don Kodner
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2018 8:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your posts, Rayilyn and Angelica.  Rayilyn, I have considered
DBS surgery, but I have been doing pretty well with just sinemet pills, on
a 3-hour schedule.  Just a couple of weeks before my most recent
check-up,the pills started to wear out faster and my off-periods lasted
longer.  My nurse practitioner put me on a Neupro patch (rotigotine), and I
have noticed some improvement (my wife actually sees it better than I do).
I may have this wrong, but I believe that the doctors here recommend
waiting 5 years before trying DBS.  I will reach that point this fall.  I
will look (with some trepidation) at cost and other patients' experiences.
It's encouraging to hear that the surgery worked well for you.