Don you might want to try Rytary.  It is supposed to deal with the problems
you mention;

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Kodner
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 10:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Gail, for me the benefit of sinemet is very easy to see.  I take 7 25-100mg
tablets on a 3-hour schedule from 3 AM until 9 PM.  While my pill is
working, I have no tremor, no stiffness...I still have difficulties with
handwriting, and my strength is not what it once was. but I can function.
But when the "off" period begins, I notice an immediate drop in my energy
level, followed quickly by a return of stiffness, difficulty concentrating,
trouble walking, etc.  I try to fill the "off" periods with some yoga
exercises, or ride an exercise bike.  I have increased my dosage (with
doctor's consent) several times in the 5 years since I was diagnosed.  Each
time, it was because the "off" period had simply become too long to do
anything.  For example, two months before my most recent semiannual
check-up, my "off" period was about half an hour--the drug would wear off
15 minutes before I was due to take a pill, and after taking one, it took
about 15 minutes to kick in.  But just before the appointment, the pill
would wear off 45 minutes or more before my next dose, and take about the
same amount of time to start working-- a total time of 90 minutes, or an
increase of one hour per 3-hour period.  That increase in my "off" time was
simply more than I wanted to put up with at this stage of my illness.  I
have wondered about other Parkinson's patients and what "off" periodsI they
have.   It is sobering that, barring some breakthrough, eventually all of
these drugs will fail us.

Don