Parkinson's Foundation

From: Parkinson's Foundation
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 7:48 AM
To: Rayilyn Brown
Subject: Parkinson's Foundation Establishes New Number of People with Parkinson's

Improving care today. Advancing toward a cure.
                        Improving care today. Advancing toward a cure. | Donate Now

                                 Donate Now

                        The Parkinson’s Foundation believes in funding research that works to improve care for the global Parkinson’s disease (PD) community. This week, we released the findings of our latest research initiative, the Parkinson’s Prevalence Project, that determined the most accurate number to date of how many people in North America have Parkinson’s.

                        Researchers found that a minimum of 930,000 people in the United States will be living with PD by the year 2020. This number will rise to 1.2 million by 2030.

                        Why is this number important? The new estimate is essential public health data the Parkinson’s Foundation will utilize to get the attention of federal and state government as well as the pharmaceutical industry to the growing need and urgency in addressing Parkinson’s.

                        Parkinson’s Prevalence Project numbers prove that the urgency in tackling Parkinson’s is greater than ever. We must continue to optimize expert Parkinson’s care and treatment for the aging global population, and work harder to better understand Parkinson’s through research to stop this disease.

                              What You Should Know About the Parkinson’s Prevalence Project

                        Questions? Call our Helpline:
                        1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636)

                                Forward this Email

                                Privacy Policy