Hello,

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our first seminar for September 2018:

Friday, September 14, 2018
12:00 - 1:00 PM
200 College Street, WB 407

Using Air Quality Models for Multi-Objective Decision Analysis
Dr. Amir Hakami
Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Engineering and Design
Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Carleton University

Abstract: Air pollution policies are often developed with the primary objective to protect public health. However, various metrics can be used to evaluate the extent, risks, or damages of air pollution. These metrics can include health impacts, attainment of regulatory standards/guidelines, or the state of inequity in air pollution health risks. Various policies that aim to improve air quality may impact these metrics and endpoints differently; alternatively, policies that focus on one metric, may not improve other endpoints in an efficient manner. Similarly, as drivers of air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions overlap, policies that target air pollution may impact climate and vice versa. These interplays and feedbacks between various aspects of air pollution indicate the need for an integrated and coordinated approach to air pollution management. In this talk, we will explore how advanced quantitative source impact analysis in air quality models can be used to link various endpoints such as public health, environmental justice, and climate together. We will draw from examples at various scales (continental, regional, or municipal) in Canada, U.S., and Asia to explore how models can be relied upon to coordinate different air pollution objectives.
If you are unable to join us for the seminar in person, we will be broadcasting the presentations live during the seminar using GoToMeeting software. Please feel free to join us online using a web-browser or by calling in and using the web-viewing software. If you do decide to join us, please remember to mute your microphone. If you have any questions during the meeting you are welcome to contact me by email, or by using the GoToMeeting chat.

SOCAAR Seminar - Amir Hakami
Fri, Sep 14, 2018 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/487260949

You can also dial in using your phone.
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9373

Access Code: 487-260-949