From: "casll-l: Canadian Association for the Study of Language and Learning (Inkshed)" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Margaret Procter <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Friday, October 12, 2018 at 8:10 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: The extinction of Inkshed

Dear Inkshedders:

Thanks, Russ, for the inclusive answer.

Hold off on ordering shoes! I am gathering evidence to present to CIRA, which registers .ca domain names, to protest the travesty of the Inkshed name's misuse. It's possible the shoe site will even be taken down. CASLL still owns the inkshed.ca domain until June 2019, though another domain registrar in Kolkata somehow "sold" it to the shoe business. This happened because the redirect set by the previous web provider, from inkshed. ca to casdw-acr.ca/resources/casllinkshed-archives/<https://casdw-acr.ca/resources/casllinkshed-archives/>, expired with our web contract in June 2018. The search engines were just starting to learn that URL when the shoes jumped in.

As it happens, the WLN blog site is about to publish a piece on Inkshed and Canadian writing centres that I hope will bring people to the archives to re-read some of the fine Inkshed articles. I'll send a note to this list when the piece appears.

Carl, the article you mention is indeed part of the online archive, starting on page 2 at casdwacr.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/inkshednewsletter19-3-2002-spring.pdf<https://casdwacr.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/inkshednewsletter19-3-2002-spring.pdf>. The problem of finding and indexing specific pieces remains, especially with PDFs. My advice in the March 2018 announcement was to find at least your own articles by date, and update your lists.

I agree that Kathy's idea of a wikipedia page is a brilliant way to get the Inkshed name connected to the archive site, and eventually indexed by search engines. Russ is certainly the right person to draft that page.

Looking forward to the next developments,

Margaret.
<https://casdwacr.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/inkshednewsletter19-3-2002-spring.pdf.>