Thanks for letting us know, Russ. That's sad news indeed. I have a
wonderful memory of Jim at my very first CCCC--San Francisco in the early
1980s(!). In a very informal and genial way, he shepherded a group of us
walking from the piers all the way back to the hotel, including a stop at
Ferlinghetti's bookstore. (Does anyone else remember that?) This was my
first big conference! For me, Jim helped set the tone that I came to
associate with so many of our gatherings from then on: collaboration,
exploration, support, and fun.

~Amanda

--
*Amanda Goldrick-Jones*
*[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> /