are pleased to announce the availability of Segway 2.0.4!
is the first release with support for the Slurm Workload Manager. For later Slurm versions (such as 18.08), it's recommended that you install the latest DRMAA driver release from https://github.com/natefoo/slurm-drmaa/releases
Older Slurm versions have not been tested but we would expect to work with the correct DRMAA driver.
Segway (and Genomedata) are both available on Bioconda. With Bioconda installed, to install segway run 'conda install segway'. Segway can still be installed through older methods using "pip", see the Quickstart Guide (https://segway.readthedocs.io/en/latest/quick.html
The most notable changes to the Segway software includes better management of Gaussian mixtures and their priors. If mixtures are not specified in your model, no change will occur. We've also updated the test baselines to be tolerant
of newer GLIBC versions where there has a been minor numeric change in rounding of certain arcsinh computations.
a full list of changes made since the last announcement here:
segway: gaussian mixtures no longer split with only one component
* segway: SLURM: added support for 18.08 (https://github.com/natefoo/slurm-drmaa)
* segway: the DPMF table is now stored as constants instead of a fixed table
allowing splitting and vanishing components to resize correctly
* segway: priors and mixture components are now derived from previous EM
iterations instead of from input master
segway: updated test touchstones for newer GLIBC versions
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.
If you feel you have received an email from UHN of a commercial nature and would like to be removed from the sender's mailing list please do one of the following:
(1) Follow any unsubscribe process the sender has included in their email
(2) Where no unsubscribe process has been included, reply to the sender and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line. If you require additional information please go to our UHN Newsletters and Mailing Lists page.
Please note that we are unable to automatically unsubscribe individuals from all UHN mailing lists.