Same from here--I recall meeting Audrey Douglas many times at the REED office when I was a student assistant during the 80s.

My prayers and condolences to her family and friends.

Elza C. Tiner

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:06 AM Abigail Ann Young <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am so sorry to hear this news. I have many fond memories of working with Audrey and consulting with her on various topics. My condolences to her family.

Abby

On 2019-07-21 6:31 p.m., Sarah MacLean wrote:
I am sad to report on the death this past week of Audrey Douglas, a longstanding contributor to the REED project and editor of 3 collections in the REED series. Audrey graduated in medieval history from the University of Toronto and was one of the first hired during the founding years to work with Ian Lancashire as bibliographic research assistant. After leaving this role, she was appointed editor of the county collections for Cumberland and Westmorland.

Audrey’s edition of Cumberland and Westmorland records, together with Peter Greenfield’s Gloucestershire collection, was published in 1986 as the first county volume in the REED series, setting the standard for analysis and annotation of county dramatic records. She then moved on to research the extensive records of the cathedral city of Salisbury, a collection now in pre-production at the office, to be paired with the rest of Wiltshire, being edited by Rosalind Hays and Ted McGee.

Audrey’s gifts to REED include more than her editions. She designed the very first version of the patrons database called Pastime in Basic, laying the foundation for what has since evolved as the Patrons and Performances website. It was also her idea to celebrate 25 years of REED's existence with a series of conference sessions at the International Medieval Congress in Leeds and a collection of invited essays which she co-edited, REED in Review: Essays in Celebration of the First Twenty-Five Years, published by UTP in 2006.

A celebration in memory of Audrey Douglas will be held at Bloor Street United Church in Toronto on Tuesday, 3 September, at 7pm. I will be happy to collect and share with the family any messages of condolence meanwhile.

Sally-Beth
--
Dr Abigail Ann Young
303-45 Carlton St