Thank you, Sandy, for this lovely piece.
What continues to strike me as I read across the reminiscences of so many of our colleagues and peers on social media is how, for so many of us, David Bevington was a profound mentor and guide; generous, considerate, encouraging. He was a person to learn from and aspire to be.
We are better for his kindness as well as for his wisdom.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:07 PM Tiner, Elza <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
A beautiful tribute-it is so sad to lose such a great scholar and teacher.

Elza C. Tiner

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019, Suzanne Westfall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Gorgeous work Sandy.  Heartfelt and real.

Cheers,
Suzanne

On Aug 13, 2019, at 5:39 PM, Alexandra Johnston <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Certainly, Milla. I would be happy to have my tribute included if you do make a collection of them. Did you see the one by Helen Ostovich?

On 2019-08-13 4:49 p.m., Riggio, Milla C. wrote:
Dear Alexandra:

I am working with a few people to do a tribute to David at the next SAA meeting. One of the things I believe we might do is collect written tributes.

yours is so beautiful and so completely on target (how he was able to remain so open throughout such a long life to anyone young with energy and good ideas is a mystery) that I hope you would allow us to include it in such a collection if we do actually make one.

Thank you,
Hoping you are well,
Milla Riggio

Sent from my iPhone