Beautifully said, Susan. You and Nan and Stan will remain as the highlights of all my Inkshed talent night memories. We’ve lost a great one.

Anthony

From: "casll-l: Canadian Association for the Study of Language and Learning (Inkshed)" <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susan Drain <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 1:53 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Nan Johnson

Saturday's first blow was the news that Nan had died, followed quickly by Hurricane Dorian's wallop. Is that pathetic fallacy writ large?

When I met her I understood what Walter Pater said about a soul burning with a hard gem-like flame. But there was softness as well. I loved her.

Susan

Susan Drain, PhD
Professor Emerita

English and Writing Studies