Today’s print version of *The Washington Post* has a review of a play by
Jordan Harrison call *The Amateurs*, which premiered in 2018. It's about a
traveling troupe of medieval players who are performing a Noah play in a
time of plague, especially focusing on the woman who is playing Noah's
wife.  Do any of you know of it? First I've heard of the play or of the
playwright. It sounds a bit reminiscent of the players in *The Seventh
Seal*, and
I'm a little surprised the review doesn't mention it. In earlier years, my
wife and I would have jumped on I-81 and gone up to D.C. to see it, but
between the coronavirus and other things, there's no way we can get there
before it closes on April 5. But I just like knowing this play exists, and
I've preordered the volume of Harrison's plays that is coming out in July
and will include it.

I don’t know that the Noah play being performed by the troupe is the
Wakefield Master’s *Noah* or, more likely given the opening as described in
the review, is loosely based on it, but if either is the case, it makes a
nice irony that the actor who plays the character who plays the wife is
named “Townley,” just one <e> off!

For those of you who subscribe to the Post but may have missed the review,
here is the link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/theater_dance/coronavirus-looms-over-this-play-set-during-a-plague-but-the-amateurs-speaks-to-timeless-concerns/2020/03/09/b06229a2-620f-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html
Alan Baragona