To attend, please register at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8012907997784575500

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

3:00 - 4:00PM

Prof. Victoria Arrandale
Assistant Professor

Dalla Lana School of Public Health

University of Toronto

Prevention of diesel engine exhaust in the workplace: gaps and opportunities

Almost 900,000 Canadians are estimated to be exposed to diesel engine exhaust (DEE) at work, making DEE the second most common carcinogen exposure in the workplace (after solar UVR). Despite this, most workplaces do not have a legal occupational exposure limit for DEE. Historically DEE was thought to be a problem largely limited to mining, as a result there are large gaps in our understanding of where DEE exposure occurs and at what levels. Recent evidence suggests that the risk of cancer arises at low levels of exposure that could occur in many workplaces. This seminar will describe ongoing research to better understand and prevent DEE exposure in the occupational environment.

Natalie Leung

Financial and Administrative Assistant | Southern Ontario Centre for Atmospheric Aerosol Research, University of Toronto
www.socaar.utoronto.ca

200 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5S 3E5