Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our first Seminar of 2021:

Wednesday, January 13, 2021
3:00 - 4:00PM

Dr. Christopher Carlsten, MD
Professor

Division Head Respiratory Medicine

Department of Medicine

University of British Columbia

A Controlled Human Exposure Model to Understand Health Effects of Depleting Particles from TRAP

While allergen exposure has been a primary focus of asthma development and exacerbation research, the evidence associating traffic-related air pollution (TRAP) with asthma, and for it’s synergistic effects, is considerable. Diesel exhaust (DE) is a paradigm of TRAP, a complex mixture of particulate matter (PM) and gases, and although modern diesel engines include catalytic diesel particulate filters (cDPF) to reduce PM output, such systems may increase gases, and their effects on health remain unclear. To investigate potential DE-associated alternation of allergen effects in the context of PM reduction, we conducted a controlled human exposure study with allergen inhalation, DE, and particle-depleted DE exposures, and investigated symptoms and a range of pathophysiological endpoints to better understand this issue.

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer or mobile app

Click here to join the meeting

Or call in (audio only)

+1 647-794-1609,,246840266#   Canada, Toronto

Phone Conference ID: 246 840 266#

Find a local number | Reset PIN

Learn More | [log in to unmask]&messageId=0&language=en-US" target="_blank"> Meeting options