I'd suggest looking at the possibility of a partial London Midsummer Watch
pageant reference. In the 1512 Watch, e.g., one of the pageants was a
Castle of War; and although we haven't much in the way of detail about
this particular pageant, in other Midsummer Watch pageants in other years
a Castle of War can involve a sultan: see, e.g., 1521. (REED: Civic
London, vol. 1)  Both the 1512 pageant and the 1521 pageant were Drapers'
Company pageants, but participants in the pageant were hired and so need
not have been Drapers--and More's reference is general in any case. The
1521 pageant involved wildfire and darts. Also usually there were no
speeches in MSW pageants; and the reference is to a sultan as standing,
not speaking. The MSW does not, however, involve stages; Watch pageants
are not stage plays. More, however, could be making a general point about
acting rather than a specific reference to one type of "playing" only.

Anne Lancashire