From: REED-L: Records of Early English Drama Discussion <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of William Ingram <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 11:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Thomas More's "staige plaie"

CAUTION: This message came from an EXTERNAL source. Do not reply to this message or follow any links in it unless you are certain they are not part of a phishing attack.
Just an aside on scaffolds.  In my youth I worked for a builder in Massachusetts, and learned that the structures builders erect on the outsides of buildings to facilitate work, structures that I (a midwesterner) called scaffolding, they called staging.  I wonder how old, and how transatlantic, these usages might be.

Bill Ingram