Our REED-L community will be interested to learn of two new publications just announced by Robert Tittler below...

________________________________
From: Robert Tittler <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 18 February 2022 10:18

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

   I am delighted to apprise you of the seventh and latest version of the Early Modern British Painters data base [EMBP], covering the years 1500-1640. It may be found, and downloaded as you wish, at: http://spectrum.library.concordia.ca/980096.

   This latest version contains just under 3,200 biographical entries. In addition to hundreds of additions and corrections to earlier entries, it adds some 125 new ones and subtracts fifty or sixty which proved to be duplicates with variant spellings. It reflects the generous help of twenty–nine contributors, seventeen of whom have contributed for the first time. I gratefully record their names in both the ‘About’ text and in the data entries themselves.

  Once again, all additions and corrections have been written in red so that you easily find ‘what’s new’.

   Bear in mind that, while EMBP is a work of documentation, it is not in itself the complete work of historical scholarship which would require analysis and contextualization of the subject. I am pleased to note that it has now allowed me to complete a  comprehensive social and economic study of the painters’ occupation: Painting for a Living in Tudor and Early Stuart England will be released on 4th March by Boydell and Brewer.

   The publisher is pleased to offer a 40% pre-publication discount on this book through April 15th and a 35% discount thereafter. To obtain such a discount, please enter the publisher’s website (www.boydellandbrewer.com<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boydellandbrewer.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cs.maclean%40utoronto.ca%7C611959d36ea84f682b7d08d9f2f1f667%7C78aac2262f034b4d9037b46d56c55210%7C0%7C0%7C637807943296680542%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=kiwfdldo0s1hUUJUE69eammH6OZihchIYfTNhYwLjw0%3D&reserved=0>) and write in the code BB140 by April 15th or BB135 thereafter. You are welcome to share the discount code, but please note that it will not apply to institutional orders.

   Finally, it would be helpful to have a sense of how you have responded to EMBP so that I can consider revisions for future editions. Comments, questions, and corrections are most welcome: it’d be nice to hear from you!

   With best wishes,

                                                                                          Yours sincerely,

                                                                                           Bob Tittler

 Robert Tittler, PhD, FRSC, FRHistS, FSA

‘Distinguished Professor of History Emeritus’

Concordia University

7141 Sherbrooke St. W.

Montreal, Qc.

Canada  H4B 1R6