You don't often get email from [log in to unmask] Learn why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
David,

I can try, but after May 22. We are in exams, then graduation.

Elza C. Tiner

On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 11:22 AM David Kathman <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
[You don't often get email from [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

REED folks —

Is there anybody out there who: a) is good with sixteenth-century legal Latin. and b) might be willing to help me interpret a Common Pleas suit from the National Archives that looks like it might be pretty significant for theatre history? My legal Latin is at a fairly elementary level, though I can get by on short records with the help of The Record Interpreter. This is more complicated, and it’s 14 lines long. A friend has provided a very helpful transcription and translation of the first five lines, but he’s got a lot on his plate right now and I don’t want to overburden him. I’m starting to work through the rest of it myself, but even if I do eventually enlist my friend’s help again, having another set of eyes would be very helpful. If anybody out there fits the bill and might be willing to help, I can be reached directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

David Kathman

--
Professor of Latin
School of Humanities