Hi Everyone,

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our First Seminar for 2023-2024:

Wednesday, November 1, 2023
3:00PM - 4:00PM EDT

Jane McArthur, Ph.D.

Toxics Program Director

Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment  (CAPE)

Air Pollution and Health:  How CAPE Uses Evidence for Change

Abstract:

The Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) in collaboration with coalitions and other allied organizations uses the data on air pollution - and in particular in relation to health and justice impacts of air pollution -  towards knowledge translation and mobilization and advocacy for policy, legislative and regulatory change. CAPE engages in various campaigns and efforts mobilizing evidence-based claims on air pollution aimed at improving environmental health. Our approach of leveraging the physician voice as an authority on health and environment has allowed us to amplify the evidence on health and air pollution in a way that resonates with decision-makers, media and the public. Examples of advocacy and successful campaigning will be shared.

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer, mobile app or room device

Click here to join the meeting

Meeting ID: 262 464 232 451
Passcode: XDHa5W

Or call in (audio only)

+1 647-794-1609,,784503007#   Canada, Toronto

Phone Conference ID: 784 503 007#

Find a local number | Reset PIN

Learn More | [log in to unmask]&messageId=0&language=en-US" target="_blank"> Meeting options