Carolyn Vasquez asks about early love songs in minor keys, citing Greensleeves.
If that's the kind of area of English song needed, try the repertory in Claude
M. Simpson, The British Broadside Ballad and Its Music (Rutgers UP 1966).
If she wants older songs, though, there are several repertories in various
langauages.  may I have a more precise dating?
  I'm also not sure what repertory is intended by "songs written for old
instruments".  There are various repertories of polyphonic songs in which
the accompaniment _may_ bve for instruments -- gain, a language/country and a
 century
would be useful.
  Richard