     I don't know about recent recordings of Hildegard's __Ordo
Virtutum__.  I do know, however, that it is misleading to describe this
fascinating work as either a "morality play" or an "opera."  They are
both anachronisms in this case.  In a recent (and soon to be published
) paper, Pamela Sheingorn argued quite convincingly that the __Ordo__
must be understood in the context of the Ordo for the Consecration of
Virgins at Hildegard's monastery at Rupertsberg.  In other words, the
piece belongs to the liturgiucal rites that solemnize the entrance
into monastic life.  Her paper will appear in a new volume devoted
to Hildegard studies that is being edited by Audrey Davidson.  If
Pamela or other contributors to that volume are listening in, perhaps
they would shed some additional light on the subject.
    I seem to recall that the recording called "A Feather on the Breath
of God" does not contain the _Ordo Virtutum_.   It was performed here
in Washington two years ago at National Cathedral by musicians from
the Folger Consort, but I don't know if they issued a recording.
     --Steve Wright
     WRIGHTS@CUAVAX