Dear Friends,

This is an omnibus letter!

First of all, thanks to those who responded about the Miri Rubin book.
I now have a list of reviews to add to the one I already knew about.

A reminder to those of you who may have sessional accounts for e-mail
which run out or are changed to a different account: if you lose or
change you account, please let me know what is happening and when. If
it is just a change of account, you can sign off the old account and
then sign on again from the new one. Otherwise error messages will
bounce from your node the next time a message is sent out from the list.
If you are going away for a lenght of time, but will be back at the
same account, the easiest thing is to set your account to NOMAIL (each
system does this differently, I believe, so consult your local manuals
or technical help). Then you can set yourself back to MAIL when you
get back.

I have sent an announcement about REED-L to REACH, a newsletter which
goes out to all computing humanists who are members of the Association
for Computing and the Humanities (ACH). So that should raise some new
members for our discussions.

In the past, several people have mentioned that they would like to see
more REED editors accessible via REED-L for questions and
consultations. I am glad to report that several people with
collections either accepted by or under consideration by the REED
executive are now on REED-L: Peter Greenfield, who is working on
Hampshire and has already done Gloucestershire, Margaret Rogerson, who
was co-editor of York, and Meg Twycross, who is working on the Tudor
revels accounts, and last but not least, Sandy Johnston our director
is planning to acquire e-mail literacy in the new year and join in!

Finally, about the REED Newsletter. volume 17 (the most recent) has
just gone out and it is coming to our attention that some subscribers
never got their vol 16 (1991) issues. If you are one of them, please
let us know and we will rectify the omission!

Thanks.

Abigail