Dear Colleague:

As of today, you have been added to the REED-L discussion
group under the userid to which this message has been sent.
The purpose of this group is to foster discussion of early
English drama, music, folk customs, and the myriad of other
activities documented in REED volumes.  This list, however, is
not meant to be limiting: we hope that those with interests in
early drama, art, and music elsewhere will also contribute from
their perspectives.  If you have colleagues with e-mail capacity
who might be interested in such discussions, please pass the
word to him or her to contact me at

To take part in these discussions, you need only send your
contribution via your local version of MAIL, NOTE, or SENDFILE
to [log in to unmask] All submissions are automatically
distributed to the list members.   If you have a long announce-
ment, review, or other contribution you wish to submit, please
send it directly to me at [log in to unmask] so that I can
put it on the fileserver. Then submit a short precis to
the discussion list.

Eventually, I hope that this associated fileserver will contain
announcements of interest to friends of REED and the PLS theatre
company.  At the moment, however, that possibility is still being
discussed, and the fileserver will only contain the automatic
monthly logs of all postings to the discussion.  If you
are interested in knowing what our most recent discussions
have been about, you may want to request the most recent
monthly logs from LISTSERV at UTORONTO.

Information on how to use LISTSERV, including how to send
messages and request files, can be had by sending these
interactive commands to [log in to unmask]:

1 tell listserv at utoronto info pres OR
  tell listserv at utoronto info gen

2 tell listserv at utoronto info files

If your system does not support interactive commands, use your
local NOTE or SENDFILE commands to send a message to
[log in to unmask] whose only text is:

info pres OR info gen
info files

Note that these administrative messages go to the LISTSERV and
not to REED-L!

Because all submissions to REED-L are automatically sent
out to the list members, it is very important that your
userid and nodename be accurate and up-to-date.  If there
are any changes, please send me a note of them right away.

Yours,
Abigail Ann Young, listowner

Records of Early English Drama, Victoria College, University
of Toronto, 150 Charles St. W, Toronto, Canada M5S 1K9, (416) 585
-4504