                    REED at ATHE, 1993 & '94

REED was well represented at the annual convention of the
Association for Theatre in Higher Education in Philadelphia,
July, 1993. Neil Novelli, (LeMoyne College) chaired "Paint Your
Pageant Wagon! The Scholarship of the University of Toronto's
Festivals of Early Drama." On this panel, Alexandra Johnston
briefly and lucidly placed REED scholarship and production in
historical conext, and Michael Barbour and Susan Barbour
described their production of "The Apple Tree."

I am hoping we will have more panels on medieval drama for the
1994 ATHE Convention, in Chicago, July 27-30.I am considering a
paper on my recent production of the York "Crucifixion" at a 200-
member Presbyterian Church last Good Friday. We made no
pretense to historical re-creation; the value of the production
for me was in experiencing production and performance of the play
with non-academic, mostly working-class, actors, technicians and
audience.

Anyone who may be interested in presenting or forming a panel for
ATHE '94, please reply to me.