I am an office manager in the television service department of the University
of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and have been with the university for over 25
years.  I am subscribing to this list because my father, Leonard - age 76, has
been diagnosed and treated for Parkinsons for 23 years.

He has been through the gamut of meds -- presently Sinemet, Eldeprel, and some
other "kick-in" drugs.  After this many years, it's hard to tell what's
Parkinson's symptoms and what's purely drug side effect.  About every 18
months for the last few years he has needed a "meds holiday" in the hospital.
He usually comes out of those quite lucid and agile.

The dimentia, especially night dimentia, is the most troublesome for our
family.  My mother was a nursing assistant at a veterans home for about 15
years, so she is able to provide excellent nursing care and he has been able
to remain at home--but she is 78 years old, and wearing down.

I'm always interested in reading Parkinsons news, and that's why I'm on this
list.

Judi Pitt ([log in to unmask])