agree with her and I believe it is substantiated in the literature, that
sometimes a person wishes to die and simply is waiting for "permission".
Regarding my Mother, I know that she will die someday and that I don't want to
lose her.  Although I am 64 years old, I have had my Mother all my life so far
and I am not ready for her death.

Those who do hospice nursing are superb at facing these delicacies of
interaction.  Would that I were as good as they.  Thanks, Cathy, for your
comments.  Mary Ann Snodgrass  [log in to unmask]