---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 16:01:50 EST
From: [log in to unmask]
To: Barbara <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Parkinson's listserve

Barbara, thanks for your message and all the helpful information on the list.
I am a librarian at the University of Kentucky, and my mother was diagnosed
as having Parkinson's Disease a few years ago.  She is doing quite well
physically, but is having a rough time emotionally, and I am interested in
 both medical news and support/coping strategies.  Her neurologist, while I
think competent medically, seems unable to deal with the emotional ramification
s or offer any help in that regard.  (When my mom mentioned a support group as
a possibility, he said "Oh, a lot of the people would be in worse shape than
you, and it would just be depressing.")  Turns out, in her small community
there isn't a support group, anyway.  I hope to use info. gleaned from this
list to help her in any way possible.  Mary Vass