From @VM1.NODAK.EDU:[log in to unmask] Fri Nov 26 14:25 EST 1993
Date:         Fri, 26 Nov 1993 12:50:31 CST
From: Mrs Elaine Dabbs <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      NEW: Elders List
To: Multiple recipients of list NEW-LIST <[log in to unmask]>

ELDERS on [log in to unmask]
       or LISTSERV@SJUVM

   An Elders list has been set up at St Johns University in New York
   developed for the creation of projects, for discussion of social and
   political issues, finding new friends and for elders to act as
   electronic grandparents and elder mentors.

   St Johns University is the home of a series of lists devoted to
   education for everyone.  An ever increasing library has been built on
   many topics on St Johns' gopher.

   Our membership consists of elders - those over 55 years of age - from
   a wide range of backgrounds, but with a common purpose - a place
   where knowledgeable people can reach others and where anyone with
   questions can write for relevant information.

   Resources

        Elder Centre
        An Elder Centre is in the process of development on a
        Unibase system at St Johns where anyone can search the
        library, use as a post office, lecture hall or chat
        area.

        Gopher
        A Resource Centre for elders is being developed on a
        gopher where information on organisations, agencies,
        etc will be stored and retrieved.

   Participating

   If you are interested in receiving more information on this, feel
   free to email us.  You will find it truly rewarding to participate.

   To join our list, send an electronic message to
   [log in to unmask] or listserv@SJUVM on BITNET with the
   following command in the BODY of the e-mail:

      sub elders Firstname Lastname

   For example:   sub elders Joan Smith

   In a short period of time your subscription will be acknowledged by
   email and you'll automatically receive information and messages sent
   to our listserv.  To send messages to the listserv once you are
   subscribed, use the address: [log in to unmask]  Note the
   subscription address and the actual use address are different.

   We suggest you send a short message introducing yourself.  In return
   you will receive a short hello from each of our members.

   Owner:  Pat Davidson, Co-listowner, Isle of Wight.
           Elaine Dabbs, Co-listowner, Sydney, Australia.