Call for papers

The Steering Committee for the Eighth International Colloquium has
been planning the shape of our meetings in Toronto August 2-9 1995. We
hope to devote one full day to each of the five topics that we
announced earlier. These topics are:

        Carnival
        Towards a definition of the morality genre
        Survivals of early theatre in North America
        The actor in early theatre: historic and modern perspectives
        Sponsorship and control: the sociological context of early theatre

In keeping with the desire expressed by the General Meeting in Girona,
we will be assessing the proposals in order to to provide sessions
with a balance of presentations from the various languages, national
literatures and intellectual traditions. We will be calling on various
members of the society outside Toronto to help us with the assessments.

We look forward to receiving your proposal on any one of the topics in
the form of an abstract.

Due Date: 15 December 1993

Length: One page, double-spaced

Languages: We will accept abstracts in French, English, German,
Italian, and Spanish

Please send abstracts to:  The Organising Committee
                           Eighth International Colloquium, SITM
                           c/o Records of Early English Drama
                           150 Charles Street West
                           Toronto, Ontario, Canada
                           M5S 1K9

                           FAX: (416) 585-4596

                           E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

We hope to respond to the submissions by mid-March, 1994.

If you have not already done so, please let us know as soon as you can
if we can reach you by E-Mail or Fax.

                                          Alexandra F Johnston
                                       for the Steering Committee