Hi!  My name is LeAnne Coffey.  I am 36 years old.  I am at the
University of North Texas in Denton, TX.  How excited and
aprreciative I was to find this list--to connect with others that are
in the same position I am.

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in October of 1989.
He is 57 years old.  He is on Sinemet and Eldepryl for the
Parkinson's and takes Klonopin at night for muscles spasms in his legs
and also for sleeping.

He was dealt another blow this year when he was diagnosed in July
with Stage 3 Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cancer in the area of the right
tonsil.  He went through 37 radiation treatments and on November 24,
the day before Thanksgiving, the doctors put him in the hospital to
see if the radiation had gotten all of it.  I am happy--no thrilled
to report that the CANCER IS GONE!!

I must say that I have never met a man with a greater attitude and
fighting spirit than him.

Being the primary caregiver can be very rough at times, as those of
you that are in the same position very well know.

I have really enjoyed the notices from everyone posted to this list
as well as the information about current literature and research.

Looking forward to the future.

Sincerely,

LeAnne Coffey

P.S.  Thanks Barbara for the great list!!