To All - I have three reasons to be writing this note:
(1) I wish to add my endorsement to this list and to
applaud the efforts of Barbara and Judy.
(2) To tell J.R.Newbrough that I tried to send him the
letter he asked about Re: Exercise using the address he
shown on the list but had it returned. Bob, I still have
the message - can you give me another address or I can
always post it here.
(3) To ask about PD treatment with the drugs Procaine and
Novocaine. I have been given some exerpts from articles
mentioning  beneficial effects from  such treatment and
have been informed (from a questionable source) that it is
widely used throughout the world but not in the US since
it is supposedly a life -prolonging drug. I am given to
understand the first treatment is by injection and then
subsequent ones given in pill form. The date   that the
data was collected and evaluated is the 1950's which
is suspicious in itself.  Anyway here are a couple of the
exerpts specifically mentioning Parkinson's  Disease:
The first from Dr. Aslan associated with the Parhon
Institute of Endocrinology (Rumania).
"the patients, in her own words, "showed a change in the
psychological and physicacl conditions, an improvement in
memory, a decrease in rigidity due to Parkinson's disease
and an increase in muscular power.""
The second from Dr.F.Peterson,a neurologist from Halle,
East Germany.
"Of the 88 patients he treated (for a state of
arterioscleric debility) all but 4 were improved; ten were
considered cured. In 33 there was marked improvement and
in 41, some improvement. And five out of nine patients
with Parkinson's disease were also improved."
Now, does anyone here have any further information on this
subject? Let's hear about it.....ED H